So now you don't have to be too far away from your Photobucket album. We have launched our "WAP" site. That's a tech-y term for a version of Photobucket.com that you can browse on your mobile phone.
To take a look, browse to this URL from your mobile phone: http://m.photobucket.com.
|What you get on Photobucket Mobile:
- View photos in your album on Photobucket — tell me how.
- Upload photos and videos from your camera phone — tell me how.
- Share photos with friends via email — tell me how.
- Search Photobucket's vast library for photos and graphics — tell me how.
- View tagged photos and find related images — tell me how.
- Browse our daily dose of fun images that we find for our Home page on Photobucket
If you want to read more about Photobucket Mobile, go to http://photobucket.com/mobile.
You can visit our FAQ site for more detailed answers.
As always, we want to hear your feedback. Write to us at support(at)photobucket.com, or visit our forums http://forums.photobucket.com.
Oops! You searched to http://m.photobucket.com from your computer browser?
We all did that. At least fifty times. Simply click on the link "Non-mobile Photobucket.com" at the bottom of the screen. Or enter this URL: http://m.photobucket.com/?mobile=false and you'll be all set.
Photobucket will know to go to the right site if you're on a mobile device, however.
Photobucket Goes Beyond the Desktop:
Leading Photo Site Launches Mobile Web Experience
Photobucket Mobile Recreates the Site’s Web-based
Uploading, Browsing and Searching Capabilities
PALO ALTO, Calif., January 15, 2008 – Photobucket, one of the Web’s most popular hubs for managing personal media, today announced the launch of Photobucket Mobile, giving its millions of users access to Photobucket features on web-enabled mobile devices. Users can access Photobucket Mobile by visiting http://m.photobucket.com on their mobile device.
Through Photobucket Mobile, users can:
- Browse existing personal and public Photobucket content directly from mobile devices
- Upload photos and videos to Photobucket from mobile devices
- Share photos and graphics with individuals via email from mobile devices
- Search Photobucket’s billions of photos and graphics
- View a variety of featured photos and images every day from the Photobucket Mobile Home page
The demand for Photobucket Mobile has steadily increased among its user base. An internal survey of thousands of Photobucket users conducted by Fox Interactive Media’s Research and Strategy Solutions in August 2007 found that 80 percent have a camera phone, 36 percent use the camera in their mobile phone every day and more than half (52 percent) have access to the Internet from their mobile phone.
“The growing demand for Photobucket Mobile proved to us that now was the perfect time to unveil a fully-functional mobile platform,” said Alex Welch, President of Photobucket. “Photobucket Mobile offers a great destination for our avid users to upload, search and share their digital media, wherever they are. As photo sharing continues to move beyond the desktop, our users look to share their digital life moments instantly. Recreating the Photobucket experience on a mobile platform is a critical part of meeting this need.”